Thursday 3 May 2012

Telescopic Card

Last weekend I was sitting at my craft table wondering what little project I'd like to start working on, when I thought "I should update my diary/calendar with upcoming classes at Alice in Paperland".  Just as well .... I discovered I was teaching Telescopic cards on Tuesday ..... hmmmm I've never made one before,  I'd better make some samples for the class and pretend I know what I'm doing LOL!

They aren't very hard to make and can be made in a variety of shapes.  The first one I made from squares, easily cut using the paper-trimmer and stamped using some freebies that were on the front of Docrafts Creativity magazine from a few months back that were just the right size.

Each piece joins the next by mini brads, and in this instance (though you can't see it) the second layer is actually upside down.  When you open each layer it all comes together to form the Telescopic card.

My next sample used leftover Graphic 45 papers "Le Circque" and I deliberately off-centred each circle.

The third sample used some leftover Kaisercraft papers and for this one I had a play with my Cuttlebug and some nesting oval scallops.  Nesting shapes work really well with this type of card and this was the card that the ladies in class chose to make.
My apologies for the blurry photo .... oops!  This one also has a fourth layer.

Have a crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!