Monday 17 July 2017

A Bit of Bling!

Bling!  
I don't usually do very much bling, but in this instance,
it was perfect on an 18th card for a lovely young lady.



The colour suggestion was silver/aqua, so with a bit of shopping at my local papercraft store,
I came home with silver card, a 12"x12" sheet of glitter card, a sheet of an embossed shimmer card
along with a sheet of "Mist" from Kaisercraft's Lilac Whisper collection.

The Prima doll was stamped and embossed three times : firstly on white cardstock, again on the embossed shimmer card and lastly on the mist paper.  She was then coloured [skin/hair] and each was fussy cut, then glued into place.  Some diamontes finished off the dress.

Two strips of silver card were added for grounding, she was popped onto dimensionals and the 18 was adhered.





An appropriate quote and birthday greeting were added to the insert.

Stamps
Julie Nutting - Prima Doll
Stampotique - Quote #1

Stampin' Up! Thinlit - Happy Birthday

This card was a little different to my usual as it was a A4 sheet folded in half.
Usually my cards are A5 folded in half, however, I was very happy with the result.

I hear the birthday girl had a lovely 18th celebration!

  Happy Crafting!
 

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you on this bling thing, Helen! Not exactly my cup of tea and it is indeed a challenge when I am forced to do it. All that said, I really do like how you have used the bling here. From the delegate bling in the dress to the big bling of that 18, you have answered this challenged perfectly and in good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very stylish card with just the right amount of bling. No wonder the birthday girl loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!