Sunday 12 June 2016

Rainbow Dreaming

Gosh, it's been a long time .......

My usual crafting space [i.e. the dining table] has been covered in all sorts of other things lately and as I haven't really got anywhere else to play,  my craft has unfortunately, taken a bit of a back seat.  However, the end is in sight and with a bit of rearranging, I should soon have my own crafting space with much better natural light then what is available at the dining table.

This afternoon I was determined to make something [kitchen benches aren't just for food],
 so I had a look at the various challenges this week and chose 
Stampotique - All Creatures Great & Small.


A couple of days ago I was playing around with Ken Oliver 'Color Burst' paints, not for any particular reason, more just to experiment with colour.  So when I went looking for cardstock on which to stamp 'Fruit Bat', one of the smaller pieces of card was the perfect size.  I stamped him with 'jet black' Archival ink and fussy cut around the image.  



Next I went looking for a background, finally settling on some designer paper from Bo Bunny 'Believe' which is a rainbow of colour with washed looking printing in various places - perfect for a quick background without having to do anything!  'Fruit Bat' was stamped directly onto the background paper which then puts the speech bubble in place, 

A piece of washi tape was added for him to stand on and then the first image was glued into place.  Another small piece of washi tape was added for balance.  The bananas were coloured with a gold pen to help make them stand out on the yellow background.


I edged around the paper with 'black soot' Distress Ink before attaching it to black cardstock.  A length of glittery, fuzzy yarny stuff [that's technical jargon for "I don't know what it's called"]  finishes off the tag. 

Challenges
Stampotique Designers Challenge - All Creatures Great & Small
Craft Stamper Magazine - Let's Get Inky

Happy Crafting!



7 comments:

  1. Wonderful, love the colors! Thanks for joining this Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little chap! such a great tag, it's good to see you back and thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag Helen!
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the patterns you created on the bat by stamping him on your paper. I could just eat a banana! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours, great tag ! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this Helen, fab choice of stamp! Thanks so much for joining in with our Stampotique challenge. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous tag .... I love your little fruit bat. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!