Wednesday 2 March 2016

Make a Wish

One of my friends asked me if I would make a 1st birthday card for this coming weekend.  As I don't have very many children's stamps any longer, I decided on a little bird instead.


I stamped this sweet little bird directly onto white cardstock, and watercoloured her with 'victorian velvet', 'peeled paint' and 'squeezed lemonade' Distress Inks, using an acrylic block as my palette.

I then stamped a party hat and gift, colouring them both with Inktense pencils.   I added glittery wash tape (torn longways down the middle) across the bottom on the card to ground the bird and gift.  The party hat and gift were then fussy cut and glued into place.  The sentiment was stamped with 'twisted citron' Distress Ink.

Stamps used:
bird - Katzelkraft
party hat & gift - Tim Holtz 'crazy things'
sentiment - Tim Holtz 'simple sayings'

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!