Wednesday 17 February 2016

Earl sees red!

I think I can just about sneak in on this weeks
Wicked Wednesday Challenge - #196 "Seeing Red"
before it closes in a couple of hours.


Introducing "Earl", a stamp I recently bought while I was browsing after my mixed media class (see previous post), along with another long beaked bird.  Earl fits quite nicely on an ATC, so after giving him some brightly coloured plumage using Prismacolor pencils, I then created the background for him.

I started by colouring the ATC with Silk Acrylic Glaze in 'Love Struck' and once it was dry, I clear embossed a Darkroom Door texture stamp 'Floral' over the top.  Dipping my finger into the glaze I lightly gave it a second coat which brought out the lovely red colour.  I then embossed fine gold around the edges.


As the theme for this challenge is "Seeing Red" I printed 'red' a number of times on the computer using different fonts and letter sizes, then cut them out and glued them in place.

Joggles Artisan Rubber Stamps - #33670 "The Bird Earl"
Darkroom Door Texture Stamp - "Floral"

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. You know I love word play, Helen, so you must know I love this "seeing red" thing! Ha! It did bring quite a big smile to my face. Great use of that glaze we all seem to have in our stash. Love texture in the background, too. Seems a lot of work for such a small piece of art, but very well worth your time and effort and talent in creating it! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earl is really quite fabulous, and I love how you have framed him Helen. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!