Tuesday 23 February 2016

Coffee with the Girls

I was having COFFEE WITH THE GIRLS last night, 
and as one of them celebrated her birthday last week, I thought I would make her a Shabby Chic card.

As this is the first time I've made a Shabby Chic card, I wasn't feeling too confident, however, having recently received a Shabby Chic ATC from a swap, I took cues from this for my card.


I started by choosing my stamp, and "Dwindled" was happy to oblige.  She was stamped on white card, coloured with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut.

I then chose a piece of handmade paper (which had actually been given to me by my friend whose birthday it was) which was torn to the right size.  I then found a piece of book paper which was also torn to the required size.  I inked around both these papers with a combination of  'antique linen' and 'tea dye' Distress Inks.  I small piece of muslin was lightly inked using the same colours.


After adding some faux stitching around both pieces, all the pieces were ready for placement.  A teeny piece of folded seam binding ribbon was tucked under the top layer, along with a little metal leaf.   A few ink spots were stamped onto the handmade paper before "Dwindled" was stamped again for the fine detail, and a piece of washi tape added.  The fussy cut coloured "Dwindled" was glued over this image and to finish off, the (sticker) words were added.


A simple sentiment was stamped in 'faded jeans' Distress Ink, and the edges torn and inked to co-ordinate with the front of the card.

"Dwindled" - Stampotique
"happy birthday" - Tim Holtz 'Simple Sayings'
"make a wish"  - Tim Holtz 'Simple Sayings'

This card fits perfectly (well, I think so, anyway) with this week's challenge at:
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - "M is for Mixed Media"
Craft Stamper - "Take a Technique - Text Me!"

I was really pleased with how my first Shabby Chic attempt turned out.
What do you think?

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Helen! This is outstanding! Not everyone gets a new technique right the first time, but you have certainly done so here! Definitely shabby chic, definitely awesome! It will be a card your friend will keep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Helen!! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for M is for Mixed Media!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the touch of seam binding and metal leaf. Thanks for playing along with Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, she looks like she needs coffee! ;) Great shabby chic card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!