Saturday 20 June 2015

A Crafty Weekend!

Earlier in the week, I realised that I hadn't sent a birthday card to one of my friend's daughters, so with my new stamps at-the-ready, I created something just a bit different for a 21st.



The stamps are a set called "Zinouk du jardin" from Carabelle Studio and are stamped & embossed before colouring with Gelly Roll pens.  The sentiment is from SU.

I'm still not sure how appropriate this card was for a 21st, but I hope the 'Birthday Girl' enjoyed it nevertheless.  I can be certain she wouldn't have received another the same!


I spent a lovely day out yesterday with my BFF at the Craft & Quilt Fair which is being held again this year at Glebe Island.  We wandered up and down aisles, oohing & aahing over all the lovely goodies that are displayed and stopping to buy a few bits & pieces along the way.  There was quite a display of handmade quilts, some of which had won prizes.  The amount of work that goes into them is astounding, not to mention the amount of patience required!
As my BFF is in Sydney this weekend staying with her mum, the three of us enjoyed a lovely dinner out tonight at a local club ..... mmm, very nice!

Until next time, 
Happy Crafting!
 

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Helen. I love the fabulous images - I am sure the recipient would have loved it.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birthday card, Helen, and think it totally appropriate for a young woman! "Wish Big" is a perfect greeting, too! Glad you got to spend some time with your BFF, then later with her mum, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it and I'm sure the birthday girl did too! Have a fabulous weekend. Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!