Friday 10 April 2015

Feeling Abandoned

It's very quiet in my house at the moment, 3 out of 5 family members are travelling overseas, 
which only leaves son #3 and myself at home.  
Not only that, but we no longer have any furry four footed friends either - our little dog passed away at the end of November and sadly our 18 year old kitty cat passed away 2 weeks ago, leaving one goldfish (very hard to cuddle a goldfish).

As I said, very quiet in our house ........ , 
however that leaves lots of time for playing and crafting,
 so this week I decided to use up more scraps to make ATC's to abandon in various locations.


The background papers are leftover pieces from an 8" x 8" "Time to Flourish" collection from Graphic 45.  This was such a lovely collection and included little quotes and other words.


The butterfly and dragonfly are from Prima "Butterfly Wings" and are the perfect size to add to the ATC's.  Although it is hard to see in the photos, they are only attached by their bodies so the wings can lift up.  To give them more sparkle, I have used a Wink of Stella pen on their wings.

I managed to abandon three of these little works of art today, 
one in a cafe where I had lunch with some friends, the second when I visited my mother-in-law in her nursing home and the third in the ladies rest room at my local shopping centre.  Hope they put a smile on the recipient's face, although I'll probably never know!

Tomorrow I'm off to Craftanoon for 12 hours with my friend, so I'd better get packing!

Take care and I'll be back again soon.
 
Happy Crafting!
 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are still doing this, Helen. It is such a worthwhile project in my book, yet I have not yet started. You have inspired me today. I was thinking that the ATC is the perfect size to abandon as it can be left in a plastic sleeve and be somewhat protected. Do you leave any information on the back of the ATC? I think I might open another e-mail address just to put on the back and be able to receive information back from those who find your wee treasures. Love that you have shared here. Enjoy the quiet time, my friend. The house will soon be bustling again! So sorry about your kitty! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing and I'm sure the finders will be delighted. So sorry about your little cat. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have an 18 year old cat who is starting to look a bit tired. It will be strange when she goes. Never tried to cuddle a fish ROFL. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!