Tuesday 31 March 2015

Feathers but no fur

I was having a little play with backgrounds today and decided this one would work very nicely for the Tagalong Challenge this week - Feathers & Fur


I was flicking through last month's Craft Stamper magazine and came across a different use for stencils.  
Actually, I use this method for mop-ups in my art journal - hmmm!!!
Anyway as I was saying, ink up the stencil with Distress Inks, I used 'peeled paint' and 'peacock feathers', give it a quick spritz with water, pop it down onto the tag, place another piece of scrap paper on top and for even pressure, roll a brayer over the top.  Voila!   A nice easy watercolour effect background.

Next I stamped the leaves (Dylusions "How Does Your Garden Grow") directly onto the tag and then again on scrap white card.  Colour and cut out the leaves and place them over the stamped images.

"Bird Crazy" (Tim Holtz) was stamped directly onto the tag and three times more onto white cardstock for a 3D look.  His feet and tail are the first layer, his body the second layer and his wings, beak and eyes are the third layer.  I also gave him googly eyes just for fun!  A green ribbon finishes off the tag.

I'm really happy that Tim Holtz created these Crazy Birds - hope he designs some more crazy animals!
 
Happy Crafting!
 

2 comments:

  1. Love this 3-D image, Helen! Your background is also very beautiful with the two colors. Looks like a water color to me. It's now a "must try" on my artsy list! So glad to see you again at the Tag Along Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute with his googly eyes ! Fab tag !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!