Saturday 21 March 2015

Bride & Groom

I was out having lunch with one of my friends this week which was very pleasant!
After we had finished lunch we headed to the shops to buy a few items, among which was some wrapping paper as my friend was attending a wedding on the weekend
(today, actually)!
She asked me if I would be able to make a card to go with her gift and as the wrapping paper had owls on it, this is what I made.


I firstly checked out Pinterest knowing there would have to be wedding cards using Stampin' Up's "owl" punch.  Sure enough, there are plenty of cards there, with a number of variations of a similar design.  I tweeked the design a little, but I can't take full credit for it.


The "bride" was given a lovely blingy dress and a little lacey veil, while the "groom" has a fancy little waistcoat.

My friend was thrilled with the card and it certainly co-ordinated with the wrapped gift.

This isn't quite my usual style of wedding card,
however, it was lots of fun to make and I was quite happy with the outcome.

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Love your card, Helen, and I know that the recipients will, as well! Perfect that you were able to use the same theme as that wrapping paper. Great bling and lace for the bride, as well as a sassy "tux" for the groom. I need to use my dies more frequently. This may not be your usual style, bit I really do like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and yet another way for me to use that punch! x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!