Thursday 5 March 2015

APC Challenge - Week 23

My apologies for not blogging Week 23 sooner, somewhere along the line life got in the way ......

The Altered Playing Card Challenge for Week 23 was "Masks"

Create a mask, cover with ink etc, stamp over the top once dry, take mask off and stamp image in black over the top.  Add some words if desired.


I think I did these correctly, but if not ...... oh well, I'm happy with how they turned out!


I started with a Dylusions stencil "Diamond Border" and 'Peach Parfait' ink (SU).  Without moving the stencil, I stamped "Chicken Wire" (Kaisercraft) with 'Jet Black' Archival Ink over the top.
I next stamped the butterfly image from "Butterfly Wings" (Prima) and added the words from Darkroom Door.


On this card I used the "Mini Bricks" stencil from TCW with 'Cherry Cobbler' ink (SU). Without moving the stencil, I stamped "Bla Bla Bla" (Stampotique) on the background with 'Watering Can' Archival Ink.  The dragonfly image is also from "Butterfly Wings" (Prima).  I decided not to add any additional words to this card.

I am now up-to-date with this challenge, and with only a couple of weeks left before we have finished our deck of cards, I will have to think of what else to do?
Perhaps I can just make random cards to leave abandoned as a surprise for others to find.

Happy Crafting!
 

2 comments:

  1. These turned out so fantastic, I love them and love the masks you chose to use. Really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are very, very nicely done, Helen. I have to admit that the "sentiment" you chose for the butterfly APC made me laugh! Perfect for a music teacher, huh? But, my heart always goes to the dragonfly! That's my favorite today!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!