Altered Playing Card Challenge
Playing "catch-up" is fun and I'm almost there, but in the meantime have a look at my interpretation of Week 11 of the challenge.
This week, the challenge was to use a piece of paper towel used for mopping up. The ink on my mop up paper towel has become quite dark but very sparkly (which unfortunately doesn't show up in the pic) but I went with it anyway.
On card #1 I adhered the paper towel to the playing card using a thin layer of clear gesso and left it to dry. On card #2 I did the same but after say 30 seconds pulled it back off and it left colour from the inks on the towel behind as well as any pattern the towel may happen to have. Pretty cool, eh?
I stamped "Schu" from Stampotique, coloured him with Distress Markers and cut him out. I thought I would add a touch of glitter to his wings using a clear Wink of Stella pen. Wow! This is so easy to use and SO glittery! I then stamped the quote (also from Stampotique) cut it out and adhered down the side of Schu.
On card #2, I stamped the hearts (Stampotique again) three times and coloured them with Distress Markers. I covered the end of a bamboo skewer (snapped off) with washi tape and fashioned a couple of leaves from the same to form a flower stem. Hmmm ...... bit odd, this, and I'm not sure I like it very much, but hey, it's there and it's all a bit of a learning curve!
I'll be back before you know it with Week 12, see you soon!