Tuesday 9 December 2014

Vintage Santa

I'm back again ........
 
As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was having a lovely play making a variety of things for different challenges this week.
The theme for the Tagalong challenge this week is 
Vintage Santa


I started off with a manilla tag (not sure of the size) and coloured it using 'Barn Door' and 'Iced Spruce' Distress Inks.  I then spritzed it with water and let the colours dribble together a bit.    I then added just a tad more colour to brighten it up a little.

Next I pounced (ponced?) 'Barn Door' through a stencil for a bubble effect, stamped holly along the side using more 'Iced Spruce' (which looks a bit patchy) and in the top left corner.

To give a bit of dimension and glimmer, I used Viva Modellier Creme 'Mother of Pearl Champagne' through a stencil randomly in three places.

The words and picture of Santa on Horseback came from Darkroom Door word & picture strips that were in my 'mystery box' which arrived last week.  The two holly berries were stamped and coloured from Julie Nutting "Merry Nice" set, with a touch of Wink of Stella pen on the berries.

To finish off, I coloured the seam binding ribbon to match, tied it into a bow and attached it with a staple.

Gosh, I am on a roll this week; hopefully I'll be back tomorrow after I've made something for yet another challenge!
 
Happy Crafting!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love your non-traditional Christmas colors, Helen! Sweet tag! You know that I am a sucker for anything vintage, so this appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!