Sunday 21 December 2014

Oh Christmas Tree

Do you remember the Christmas tree ATC I posted last week?  Well, I had already had a previous attempt at something very similar, except it was on a tag.  Silly me had got my challenges and themes muddled and so I only posted the ATC version.

This week at Tagalong however, the theme is
Oh Christmas Tree
so here is the original attempt at a pretty little tree.
 
 
The tree is from Darkroom Door "Yuletide" collection and is stamped in SU 'old olive' ink.  The 25th December is stamped using 'festive berries' Distress Marker to colour the letters.


Little touches of sparkle were added to the tree using 'lime green' Stickles and 'ruby red' Liquid Pearls were perfect for the baubles in the tree.

The bunting was in my stash and comes embossed in white, so by adding 'festive berries' and 'old olive' to alternate flags, the pattern emerges.


I have a roll of washi tape which has presents on it, so I carefully cut three of them out, and stuck them under the tree - the colours were a perfect match.

I lightly added colour around the edges of the tag with Distress Ink, and finished off with seam binding ribbon which was coloured to co-ordinate with the tag.

Happy Crafting!
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful holiday tag, Helen! Love the ornaments on your tree, but have to admit your present under the tree are the most crafty! Very, very clever! Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!