Thursday 16 October 2014

APC Challenge - Week 6

It has been a strange week; 
we've had all seasons of weather, from 33 degrees heat on Monday, followed by a storm;
 to 26 degrees on Tuesday, followed by another storm and high winds and a sudden drop in temperature that saw the Blue Mountains coated in a thick layer of snow!  
Yesterday the temperature topped about 15 degrees but today the sky is blue, not a cloud in sight, with a forecast temperature of 22 degrees - weird!!

Also this week, I taught my last class of the year at Alice in Paperland,
woohoo, now I can play just for ME!!!

I also realised that I had labelled the last Altered Playing Card Challenge Week 6 when it was actually only Week 5 - OOPS!

So here is the real

Altered Playing Card Challenge - Week 6


I started by painting the card in Distress Paint 'barn door' and letting it dry before adding some tissue tape.  I then stamped an image in Staz On 'black' that really didn't work ..... 
hmmm ....... (she says frowning)
so I pulled off the tissue tape and re-stamped over the top.
Just as well it was a solid stamp I was using!


This stamp comes from Graphic 45 "Happy Hauntings" and was fairly easy to line up over the first image.  I then added some different washi tape to the blank areas and since I didn't know what else to do, I left it just as you see it.

For the next card I started with a serviette image which looks anything but halloween!
Lemons anyone???


Anyhow, I peeled off the top layer and positioned which part I wanted on my card and glued it down.  So far, so good!   Next I stamped the pumpkin, bat and sentiment onto white card and coloured the pumpkin and bat with Distress markers and glued them into place.


The images came from this cute set of stamps "Witchy Poo".


I decided to add crackle to the sentiment and after it finished drying, popped it into place using dimensionals.

And so finishes Week 6 - hope you like them.

I'll be back soon with Week 7 - one down, one to go!

Now that I have finished classes at Alice in Paperland, I will hopefully (fingers crossed) have more time to play along with various challenges.  

Now, if only I can get my craft space back ...........

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Fabtastic. Love the cat against the red and the lemons make such an unusual background for the bat and pumpkin. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!