Thursday 9 October 2014

APC Challenge - Week 5

Altered Playing Card Challenge
Week 5

Gosh, the weeks seem to be simply flying past and I feel like I'm getting further and further behind on any challenges ..... but at least I just scraped in with week 6 of this challenge before the next lot of instructions were posted for week 7.


The card on the left had a coating of lilac paint  
(yes, I know it looks blue, but in real life it's lilac)
The dots were made using a Memory Box stencil of different circles, and were two shades of green paint although they didn't blend very well, as I think the paint dried too quickly.

The vine was stamped using Staz On from a set of border stamps I picked up in Kmart this week for $5.50 - what a bargain!


The black lines were made using a little plastic bread bag tags, just ink the edge and drag it to form lines - easy peasy!
Next came the image and it took a bit of thinking as to where I could find an image.  Upon looking through my stash of papers I found a part page from Graphic 45 "A Ladies Diary" that I thought would be just right, so cut her out and glued her to the card.  The words also came from the same paper.


The two images on the second card came from the same sheet of Grapic 45 paper.  It was one of those sheets that is designed like a newspaper advertising the latest fashion, and these two ladies were perfect.  

The background is a collage of old Stampin' Up papers that were rather bright on such a small card, so I grabbed my white craft ink pad and dragged it across and then smeered it around with my finger.  Next I stamped the lace edge (another border in the stamp set from Kmart) using black Staz On, glued the top lady directly onto the card and popped the bottom lady onto dimensionals.
I then stamped "hello friend" from Tim Holtz in the bottom corner.

I started to number the cards but I'm not sure I like it ........ hmmmm???
Anyway, hopefully I'll be back soon after I get my head around week 7
(among other things I need to do, like samples for a class on Saturday ..... eeeekk!!)
Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Helen. I really enjoyed reading on how you created these. Such a fabulous idea cutting out the images from papers.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Helen, especially the top one with the vines and the lady. Lovely to hear how you made them too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Helen. I especially like the one with the lady !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic. The green dots look fine to me. I really must try an altered playing card, they look like fun x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!