Thursday 25 September 2014

APC Challenge Week 4

Altered Playing Card Challenge
Week 4

So, for week 4 the prompt was to use some tissue paper and then add paint and little houses were used for the detail.

The torn piece of tissue paper I used came from a packet 
I purchased from K-Mart a few months back 
(interesting what you find when you're not looking for anything in particular)

I used two tonings of lilac paint and then rubbed some off the tissue paper.
This left a hole which was subsequently filled in with a dab of paint.


The two little houses came from a length of paper towel I used as a "mop up".  I've used this once before in my art journal as a bit of landscaping and thought it looked pretty cool.

I just drew two houses with my black sharpie pen, cut around them and glued them down with a little bit of gesso.  The greeny/yellow bit in the top corner sort of represents the sun.

The words on both cards are stickers I have in my stash.

The second card I'm not so happy with, I think the green is too dirty looking - it needed to be brighter.  However, that is how it is and how it will stay!

The two paint colours are smooshed around using an old credit card and then I scraped a bit off to reveal the lines of the gesso underneath.

I stamped "Breezy" from Stampotique directly onto the card and then again onto a scrap piece of white cardstock.  I cut around her dress, scarf and head, coloured her with a gelli roll pen and glued her directly over the first image.

I'm looking forward to finding out what techniques willl be used in week 5.

If you would like to play along too, go to
for details.

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous week 4 cards Helen. Future home, that sounds interesting, are you thinking of moving house, maybe subconsiously? Love the Stampotique card, really lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!