Thursday 24 July 2014

Have you met Natalie?

When I was packing the bits & pieces to take to Craftanoon last Saturday,
I threw in a couple of my new Prima Doll stamps and some tags
so that if I either ran out of challenges to do, 
or needed a different distraction, then they were it.

I find these Doll stamps such fun and so reminiscent of my childhood days
playing 'paper dolls' and creating stories around them
(that was long before I became the horse-mad teenager).


Let me introduce Natalie who is wearing a gorgeous Japanese inspired dress
with matching jacket and shoes.

Natalie was stamped directly onto the tag (made especially for these stamps)
and then stamped again onto a leftover piece of Japanese paper
which was then fussy cut.
I colour matched her jacket and shoes by rubbing Distress Ink 'barn door'
over a piece of white cardstock until it was well inked.  Once it had dried I then stamped the jacket, sash and shoes with Archival 'jet black' and again let the ink dry completely.
They were then fussy cut and paper pieced into place.
Natalie's hair was coloured using water colour pencils.


Next I inked up a Darkroom Door texture stamp "Floral" with 'jet black' and rolled it in random spots on the tag.  The 'happy birthday' and 'borders' came from JOFY collection 11 & 14 which I borrowed from my friend who was also at Craftanoon.  To finish off the tag, I cut small pieces of Japanese paper and stapled them into place.

I have a couple more of these Doll stamps that I have yet to ink up, so perhaps that may happen this coming weekend ....... maybe?

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Natalie is perfect for your tag, Helen! She is impeccably dressed for a birthday party. Love the edging you have created here with your pen--something that eludes me for some reason. You have inspired me to try again!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!