Friday 23 May 2014

Lighthouse

Gosh, where does the time go?  Lately I seem to be spending most of my crafting time designing and cutting cardstock for the next class I'm scheduled to teach - phew!!!

But today I decided I was going to play along with some of the challenges that are on this week.


The theme at this week's Tagalong Challenge is "Lighthouses".  Ok, I thought, I don't think I have any stamps with lighthouses, so while I was at Alice in Paperland earlier today, I had a look around and found a Graphic 45 paper from the "By the Sea" collection which suited the theme quite nicely.


My apologies for the photo, unfortunately late afternoon isn't conducive for taking the best shots.

I started with a tag (12cm x 6cm) and covered it with a scrap of newsprint that I found in the craft room and trimmed it to size.  It had a couple of torn edges but that just adds an extra touch.  I edged around the tag with 'Broken China' Distress Ink and just gently along the torn edge.

Next I fussy cut the lighthouse including some of the rocks at its base, inking the white edges with 'Broken China' ink as well, before gluing directly onto the tag with Zig two way glue.

I added the words "let your light shine" using Kaisercraft tiny letters, and finished off the tag with a little snippet of striped ribbon and blue and white wool.


This photo is a much truer colour, but is more out of focus, OOPS!!!

 Happy crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!