Sunday 2 March 2014

Mela and her Kitty

I was trying to combine two challenges again with this tag, Stampotique's challenge is 'Monochromatic' and Tagalong's challenge is 'cat'.  After looking at a few of the entries and thinking how well the variations of gray work with Stampotique's theme, I then had a rethink.    Since it is a colour I've never really done and I wasn't too sure where to start, I had a look through my tags that already had backgrounds but for whatever reason  I hadn't used, and found this yellow one which had been my demo tag at a recent Mixed Media class.  Hmmm ...... this will work perfectly.


The background was done using Distress Inks  'mustard seed', 'peeled paint' and a teeny bit of 'spiced marmalade', with another layer of 'mustard seed' to tie them all together.  A touch of stencilling and a teensy bit of stamped chicken wire, followed by a few drops of water (mopped) completed the background.

Mela and Kitty were stamped onto scrap ivory cardstock and using 'mustard seed' were gently coloured yellow.  To pick up a little more colour, Kitty and Mela's dress were dabbed with the Distress Ink tool in 'spiced marmalade' without any extra ink added.

A small piece of washi tape gives Kitty something to stand on while gently rubbing around Mela's legs.  They are both popped onto dimensionals.  A piece of SU ribbon finishes off the tag.

I'm entering this tag in this weeks Stampotique Designers challenge and Tagalong challenge.

Happy crafting!


7 comments:

  1. Best color combo for this time of the year! Thanks for sharing your creation over at SDC

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tag, fantastic images and colours.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tag Helen. The colour combo is fabulous and I love the way you've placed the kitty around Mela's legs. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours & images, like the washi tape for Kitty to stand on:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super choices in Distress inks, Helen. Love Mela and Kitty (have then both!), and they work together perfectly here. Love the square tag, too! Totally unexpected and refreshing to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, not "square," but rectangular! ;-) Just no snipped corners!

      Delete
  6. I adore these golden sunshine colours Helen (probably because I haven't seen much of them lately!) and they're perfect for your scene. Thanks for your good wishes for my son! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!