Monday 17 March 2014

Leprechaun Monster

This weekend just gone, I spent a lovely Saturday at my second Craftanoon which was just as much fun as the first one (except my friend wasn't with me as she was unwell - hope she's feeling heaps better soon).  As it's a distance away from home and I was just a tad concerned I'd get lost, my DH very kindly drove me there, and then spent the day Geocaching.  Unfortunately later in the afternoon there was a tremendous thunder storm which blew up very quickly with torrential rain which he got caught in and was rather sodden.  Luckily he had a change of clothes with him (but no socks)!  We crafters, on the other hand, were happily undercover in a community hall although we had to shut the doors as the rain was blowing in.  I haven't seen rain like it in quite a while!

So, what am I showing you today?  As today is Saint Patrick's Day, something GREEN I think!


Feathery Monster has decided he would like to be a Leprechaun although he's not going to be very lucky as he only has a 3 leaf clover (oops).  Never mind, he looks quite happy donning his top hat (hee hee).

The background is a blend of 'peeled paint' and 'peacock feathers' Distress Ink.  Feathery Monster is coloured with 'peeled paint' and a water brush, his top hat with 'peacock feathers' lightly sponged to build up the colour.  The 3 leaf clover is a heart punch (SU) and also coloured with 'peeled paint'.  A piece of washi tape for him to stand on and some googly eyes and he's all finished!

I'm entering the challenges at Stampotique Designers Challenge
                                             Wicked Wednesday ATC

Hopefully I'll be back again later in the week to show you what I was working on at Craftanoon.

On Friday I'm flying to Melbourne with "the Girls" from my Mother's Group for the weekend.  We are celebrating (although just a wee bit early) 25 years together this coming October, but trying to tee up 7 families with dates that don't clash means an early celebration.   I'm really looking forward to spending the whole weekend with these fabulous friends - eat, shop, chat, eat, chat, sightsee, eat, chat ........ get the idea? LOL !


Happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Love your green creation, Helen! I think there must be 25 shades of green here, and I love it! I hope you have a wonderful reunion with the girls next weekend. In the meantime, thanks so much for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Helen, I love his top hat, and I'm a great fan of googly eyes myself lol. Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenge. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love his hat and googly eyes, brilliant !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this ATC, his hat is lovely. Enjoy your weekend. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute!! I saw it FB I think?? Just love it xxx

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!