Tuesday 14 January 2014

A Feathery Wave

Last week I was busy making tags for a swap that I had signed up for.  There wasn't a particular theme, just that it was a tag (not too big, but not too small = just right).  I was just finishing constructing them and thought "I would love to send one of these to my friend just to say I was thinking of her".  How easy it was to make another and pop it in the post!  Now that I know she's received it, here it is:


I started with some ivory cardstock offcut and trimmed it to 4" long, leaving the width as it was.  I blended 'peeled paint' and 'mustard seed' Distress Inks together, then using my new Tim Holtz stencil 'burlap' I blended more 'peeled paint' through it for the background followed by just another light colouring of 'mustard seed'.  Using a lid off a drink bottle I dipped it into gesso and randomly made circles, then put it aside to dry.

Next I stamped "Feathery Monster" onto scrap watercolour paper and coloured him (her?) using a pink and two purple watercolour pencils, blending them together.  I fussy cut him and dotted gold Liquid Pearls on his body and red Liquid Pearls for his eyes and set him aside to dry (otherwise knowing me, I'll instantly forget I've just added Liquid Pearls and I'll put my finger in it and it will smudge.  Guess how I know this ?????? [hee hee] ).

"Feathery Monster" was popped onto dimensionals and to finish off, a piece of washi tape was added to ground him, with a tiny smidge of a piece on the top for balance.  The piece of striped ribbon came from Alice in Paperland and was stapled in place.

I hope "Feathery Monster" put a smile on her face, he is such a cheerful little chap and is fast becoming one of my favourites.

Happy crafting!
 

2 comments:

  1. Feather Monster definitely put a smile on my face, Helen. I love the color contrast between the background and foreground colors! This is just a fun, fun tag, and I know your friend loved it! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag, the colours work great together and who wouldn't love Feathery Monster.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!