Saturday 9 November 2013

Today I Fly

I have to say that playing with Gesso is really fun, seeing what works and what doesn't, and how different colour mediums work too, so today I've been having a play with Distress Paints.

I started with the other tag that got smooshed together yesterday and decided I'd add Distress Paints to it.  Looked great until I blotted it with paper towel and then it faded somewhat.  So I heat dried it and added another layer of the same colours - better.  Again I heat dried it and added yet another layer - much better!


Next I added some 'metallic rub-ons' (in silver) that I've had in my stash for years and never really used, but this helped to highlight the veins left behind by the gesso.

I stamped "Karin" on ivory cardstock before colouring her with watercolour pencils - so easy to blend colours using pencils.  While looking for what else to add, I came across these wings from Graphic 45 "Steampunk Spells" and thought I'd let Karin fly.  Again the wings were coloured with watercolour pencils before clear embossing both images, cutting them out and mounting them on dimensionals.


The words came from Dylusions "say it how it is" and I added "today I fly".  To finish off, the tag was edged with black ink, a length of black lace added to the bottom edge and another piece threaded through the top.


I'll be back again tomorrow to show the third tag I was playing with.  As I said yesterday, this technique is shaping up to be added to my favourites list!!!


As an addition to yesterday's post, there was indeed another bush fire, but this time only a couple of suburbs away and very close to some friends, whose house is built on the edge of the bush.  Scary indeed!!!  And the predicted rain didn't come - it's now forecast for this afternoon but it doesn't look like it at the moment.  We really need some rain as everything is so dry, hopefully in the next couple of days - fingers crossed!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!