Sunday 10 November 2013

being fabulous

Ahhh, this morning we woke to the sound of RAIN, music to my ears, and although it has now stopped, it is much cooler outside today !!!

This is the third tag I've made using gesso and I thought I'd try out a new stencil I bought at the Paper Crafts Festival last week.   I started this tag by spritzing all over with Dylusion 'Lemon Zest' and heat dried it off.


I then added the gesso through the stencil and heat dried it as well.  I discovered as it heated that where it was thicker towards the ends, the heat makes it bubble and gives it a bit more texture, hmmm interesting, eh?


 After the gesso had finished drying, I gently rubbed 'Metallic Rub-ons' (red) over the bubbled ends and was quite happy with the result.

Next I stamped "Gooseneck" and "Kitty" onto ivory cardstock and coloured them with watercolour pencils before clear embossing.  I added a piece of black lace to Gooseneck's skirt and grounded her and Kitty with a bit of washi tape.


With the two leftover words from yesterday's tag, I coloured and blended them with watercolour pencils, and matted both with washi tape.  A bit more washi tape was doubled over and stapled to the top and to finish the tag off it was given a black mat.

My dabbling in gesso is definitely fun and is now firmly on my favourites list.

Happy crafting!
 

1 comment:

  1. You have been enjoying your gesso Helen and I love the trendy starburst. We really should start sharing our weather! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!