Sunday 21 April 2013

Graduation Card & Gift

A friend of DS#1 recently asked if I could make a graduation card for her sister.  I needed to think about this as it is something I've never made before.  Occasionally I've seen graduation cards on other blogs but they don't seem to be around very much.

I looked through my word stamps and found "Happy Graduation" in SU's 'Teeny Tiny Sentiments' set, so at least I had an appropriate stamp.  Then yesterday quite by chance, I happened to look at Qbee's Quest blog and there was the perfect graduation gift.  Many thanks to Brenda for sharing her creation.


The instructions were for the mortar board only, and the card was based on this as well.  If you are wondering, "Happy Graduation" was stamped in versamark and embossed in fine gold and is on the corner of the mortar board.  On the card, "Congratulations" is stamped in black but not embossed, and the stamp is from Tim Holtz 'Simple Sayings'. 


The mortar board even has a surprise underneath - Hershey Kisses (mmmm, yummm), and as luck would have it, I'd been given some Kisses for my birthday.


The Kisses fit very snugly and won't fall out when turned up the right way.


I just need to make sure Muffin doesn't try eating them, hee hee!  I'm not sure that chocolate is good for teddys.

DS#1 seemed happy with the result and hopefully so does his friend.  I wasn't too sure about the colour I'd used as I know graduation robes have different coloured shawls, so if it's not right, I'd be happy to make another one in a different colour.

Have a crafty day!

Note:   She liked it and so did her family!

1 comment:

  1. ...fabulous card Helen such a clever idea, bet she was blown away :) and yes there aren't many graduation cards out there to gleen inspiration from, an awesome make...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!