Wednesday 30 January 2013

Butterflies and more .....

Butterflies   Beautiful little insects with gorgeous colours in different shapes and sizes, that occasionally fly into our garden (or would if we had any flowers to tempt them)!

I don't often put butterflies onto cards but on these journal pages suddenly there they are, fluttering around enjoying the warm weather.


There are three different butterflies on this page, all are from SU "Summer Solstice", "Cottage Garden" and "Elementary Elegance".  I used chipboard letters as stencils and sprayed around and through them using the Dylusion Inks and then when dry, outlined them to give them more clarity using a white Sharpie pen.  Lastly I doodled around the edges using a dot/dash pattern.

And more ....  by the time this page was finished it felt very busy with so many colours and stamps all mixed together, but I really like it!


I started off by trying to carefully add colour without it seeping through to the next page which was primarily pink.  So with a little spritz here and there and drying between colours all was good, until I used one too many colours on a still damp bit, and it seeped through!   Aaah,  not what I wanted happening, I would have to think about how to go about fixing a turquoise/yellow blob on a pink page!

But back to this page, I started inking a set of stamps from Stamping in Style  (SMP038) which is a bit vintage with poppies, script, butterflies and a bust, randomly here and there.


Next I added the large flower stamp from Dylusions "how does your garden grow" and painted inside the petals with Lemon Zest and the centres with Bubblegum Pink.  With the smaller flower from the set I stamped and coloured the border.

After a bit of thought on how to 'fix' the pink page, I decided to gently spritz some yellow and turquoise through a dotty stencil in three different areas and was quite happy with the result.  You can see the original  page with Ruby Rainbow on an earlier blog post.

I'm really looking forward to the new Dylusion inks, stencils and stamps which were released at CHA recently, arriving soon in our stores.  They look like lots of fun and my Dylusion journal is just waiting .... ! 

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!