Sunday 27 January 2013

50th Birthday Card

This morning I thought I'd show one of the Belated Birthday cards which went in the mail last weekend.  Unfortunately I was in such a hurry to post them, I forgot to take a photo of the second one.


I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I quite often find masculine cards hard to make, so I decided I would go with a collage style using stamps from Tim Holtz "Warehouse District".  There are 12 stamps in this set which makes co-ordinating easy-peasy!  I used Vintage Photo as the main colour with splashes of Stormy Sky and Peeled Paint, all Distress Inks.   Because I wanted this to be subtle,  I added the "50" to a few little gaps; and then to finish, mounted the quote onto dimensionals.   I love how easy it is to create an aged look just by daubering around the edges of cardstock.

The second card was made using the same techniques but using SU "Clockworks" instead.  Silly me for not taking a photo, oops! 

And now for something completely different .......

I have a begonia which came from my grandmother many years ago, which flourished until my cat knocked it off the window sill and it has struggled ever since, but a few weeks ago it put on a beautiful display so I thought I'd share it .......


I've always felt I have to keep this plant alive and it is a struggle at times, but it reminds me of grandma and her love of flowers.  She always had a vase of flowers in the house cut from the garden. She planted annuals of poppies, pansies and petunias and my favourite, snap dragons.  Always love to play with them and tell them how pretty they are, they have a nice perfume too!  Anyway, enough reminiscing .......

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased your grandma's begonia as repaid your care with such a beautiful show Helen. That's a great technique you used for your male card - love the collage look. I would have loved to see the Clockworks one too - perhaps you might make another for your stash?! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!