Monday 7 January 2013

2013 - Off to a good start!

At the beginning of January everybody went in different directions for a week.   DS #2 and #3 have just returned from 6 days of camp (and brought home lots of washing) I've just spent the last four days with my BFF and her family at my "home away from home" on the Central Coast.  DH headed to the cricket test match (Australia won!) and DS #1 had to go to work (oh well, someone has to keep the country ticking over).

My four days away were filled with crafting, relaxing, fish & chips at The Entrance, watching our favourite DVDs including Midsomer Murders, Keeping Mum, Mama Mia and St Trinians and did I mention CRAFTING?  My  BFF has a lovely big table and she has one side while I have the other.   I decided to work on my project, it's actually a 10 part book tutorial which Jane Tregenza is putting out each month using Graphic 45 paper collections.  I'd managed to get the first page finished months ago and since Jane posted Part 6 just after Christmas, I thought this would be a great opportunity to get going and catch up.   I am very happy to say that I finished another four pages and am now almost up to date, just need to pick up a few more papers and then I'll be able to start Part 6.

There were a number of birthdays in December and I try to make a card to suit each recipient, and since I've been on a bit of a Dylusion roll lately, here are a couple of cards that were posted off:

This one was made for my BFF's DD#1.  She thought it was great.

The next one was made for my dear friend, Karen:
and the inside stamped with "Karin" from Stampotique:

And lastly:
This was made for the daughter of one of my Mother's Group girls who was turning 21.

As you can see, I've also been 'on a roll' with the style of card I've been making, but they work and once the belly band is taken off, they stand and display well too.

So that's an update on what's been happening in my 'neck of the woods' lately.  I have to say it's been lovely being able to just 'play' instead of thinking ahead to classes (hmmm, got one coming up next week, eek) !!

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you've been having a lovely time Helen and my goodness, what a gorgeous display of bright cards! Wishing you a very happy 2013 and lots of luck with that washing! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Helen! Many thanks for your visit. I am very glad I followed you over here, these are wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!