Thursday 29 November 2012

My Dylusional Journey continues ....

As yesterday was a stay-at-home day with the tradies busy outside on the driveway, what better way to spend some time then getting inky again with Dylusions inks and stencils etc.

After my first attempt looked a bit 'muddy' with too many colours together (although the second page was better), this time I spritzed with more water and the colours ran and blended beautifully.  It was such fun and I was really happy with how the next double page turned out.

The stamps are all Dylusions with added splashes of colour on leaves, birds and plants using undiluted inks 'painted' directly onto the images.  I love that you can use the negative of the stencils for a nice subtle difference on the opposite page.

Next I went pink and purple with just a touch of yellow and added the border stamps.  Because the pages in this book are only 6" x 6" the full image of this fascinating girl was just too tall, so I re-stamped her body on an extra inked up piece of card, cut it out and glued it back into place with a different pair of legs.  Next I added a border of flowers, the words and wings and although I was happy with it, it was missing something ...... so I added the legs that I'd cut off the girl's body and they filled the gap under the words.  I think it still needs a little something else but until I work out what, the page shall remain as you see it.  

The last thing I added on this page turned out to be a bit of a surprise - I outlined the flowers with a Distress marker "picket fence" and as it dries it leaves a white ghosty look behind.  So I gave the words and wings just a touch as well - and learned something new at the same time!

Thanks for visiting and leaving your thoughts, it's always a bit of a "buzz" reading comments.

Happy crafting!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen, just catching up with you after what seems like a long time out of the loop. You've been making some gorgeous things - your beautiful CAS thank you cards are perfect and I'm intrigued by these bright pages too. Thank you for your good wishes - I'm up on the old pins again now! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!