Thursday 23 August 2012

Stamp Camp

Last week was unexpectedly busy with no crafting in sight, until Friday which was the first day of Stamp Camp.  A whole weekend of having fun with 40 others in the lovely Hunter Valley.  This is the 4th year I've been invited along and if you ever get the chance to do something similar, it is soooo much fun!

My BFF and I firstly headed up to Newcastle where there was a craft show on over the weekend, a great way of spending Friday morning and surprisingly, I didn't spend very much.  Back home to pick up Bev's gear and then off to Camp.  Our usual table was waiting for us and it didn't take long to be sitting making the first of 10 shoebox swaps.    These are always a good way of getting the mojo flowing.

Over the weekend there were different challenges, the first was to make a name tag using one colour.  I used the bird from Nature Walk and inked him in soft suede with just a touch of blue on his front.  The other challenges had a bit of a theme, the Olympics.  There was 'Inspiration' using the olympic rings as inspiration, 'Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi' using green and gold, 'Gold, Silver & Bronze' using any combination of those colours and a 'Christmas' challenge just for something different.

So, I thought I'd show you a few things I came up with:

This was my 'Inspiration' challenge.  The butterflies came from the Embosslits Beautiful Wings using Whisper White and sponged in the colours of the rings.  The embossing folder is Butterfly Kisses and is a Universal embossing folder,  bought at the craft show on Friday.

This is my 'Gold, Silver & Bronze' entry.  Each pack had an A5 piece of gold and silver cardstock and a pack of antique brads for the bronze component.  This was a hard one and the grey cells had to work overtime!


Our pack for Aussie Aussie Aussie had various A5 green and yellow cardstock along with lots of green and yellow ribbons.  I decided to make Mini Meander Album instead of a card this time.  I was reasonably happy with the way it turned out especially as I had to remember how to make it.

We all had a great weekend having lots of fun, laughter and yummy food, really relaxing.  Hope we can do it all again next year.  Many thanks, Marelle!

Have a crafty day!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful projects Helen. Sounds like you had lots of fun at Stamp Camp! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog! Have a great day!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!