Monday 30 July 2012

Tea Caddy

I've seen a number of these Tea Caddys around and finally found some measurements and instructions to make my own.  I'm sure I would have figured it out myself but if someone else has already done it for me, then why not give it a go?  I think mine needs some teensy tweaking but for a first one, I'm happy.

Goodness, I didn't realise how big the teabags look, but they fit very nicely into the box, and then one by one they slide out from the bottom.  So nice having a pretty box of teabags on display instead of hidden in the cupboard.

Each side has a different group of ladies, all fussy cut from "A Ladies Diary" collection 'Fashion Plates' and the background paper is 'Picture Perfect'.

The floral border around the lid is from 'Ageless Beauty' and these ladies all have parasols, perfect for an afternoon stroll before retiring for tea!

I wonder what type of tea these ladies would enjoy - Earl Grey, Irish Breakfast or perhaps Lemon Scented?

The images on the lid are also from 'Picture Perfect' with the rose and stamp popped up on dimensionals for extra interest.

All this talk of tea is making me thirsty so I think I'll put the kettle on and make myself a cuppa.

Have a crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. These tea bag dispensers are just lovely and I really like your pretty vintage version Helen. I love the way you're allocating types of tea to your ladies too - just the sort of thing I'd be doing! Think I'll join you in a cuppa - Lemon and Ginger for me! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your tea bag dispenser and I'm in complete agreement with you regarding using the info out there to it's best advantage. After all it then gives you more time to create other things!

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!