Monday 16 July 2012

Quilt Cards

Last week at Alice in Paperland, the class I was teaching was Quilt Cards where we used some oriental papers combined with plain papers to create a 'quilt'.  To replace stitching we used border stickers to go along the 'seams' in the paper. 


Our cards were all fairly simple but there are all sorts of different combinations of patterns and papers you could use.  The first two cards are made from 1" squares while the third is made from 3/4" squares.  The bottom card was made from oddments, but I really like the effect of the different pattern papers. 

I made a couple more when I got home in greens and reds and think they may just end up being the start of my Christmas card stash for this year.

I've never made a fabric quilt, although I do have a pattern for one using squares which has very simple chooks appliqued over the top.  It's been on my 'to do' list for a long time ........ maybe one day???

Thanks for visiting and always enjoy any comments.

Have a crafty day!



1 comment:

  1. How cool is this. I love the use of the stickers to hide the seams. I have never thought of this. Lovely cards Helen.

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!