Tuesday 17 July 2012

A Ladies Diary - Printer's Tray

After waiting for what seems like ages, I was finally able to buy some of the gorgeous papers from "A Ladies Diary" collection from Graphic 45.  As soon as I saw these papers on their blog a couple of months back, they were on my 'must have' list.  They are from a period when grace and elegance were 'the norm' and they are just beautiful.

While I was browsing the papers, I came across this printer's tray from Twiddleybitz, and thought it would be just right for the papers, such a fun project.

Some of the images have been fussy cut and popped up on dimensionals.   I love being able to give more depth to an image and Graphic 45 produce the perfect papers for this technique.

The roses are from my stash, the ribbon was white but after being coloured with a distress marker, it was just the right colour.  Instead of painting the frame, I decided to use Tim Holtz 'tissue tape', then sponged over it with distress ink, which resulted in my fingers being very pink!  I do like the effect though.

I have more ideas for these papers, so I'll be back soon to show them off.

Have a crafty day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!