Thursday 31 May 2012

Dalek Card

Today is my DH's birthday and I thought I would make him a Dalek card since he has been a Doctor Who fan since before we even met (and we have been married 27 years).  The pattern for the Dalek came from www.valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com so have a look at all the lovely things she creates from punches, she is very inspiring.

The top photo was taken on a dismal afternoon which was also blowing a gale, so is not quite as good as it could have been.  And yes, it does have a couple of moving parts, the sucker arm and the gun thing.  All material from SU.

I'm now feeling I could tackle making a K-9 card, so I'll have to study my DH's remote K-9 for inspiration.

Have a crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. This is genius Helen! I absolutely love your Dalek and I'm quite certain your DH did too. I like the idea that it has moving parts but I hope you didn't make it too lifelike - being exterminated before breakfast isn't what you want on your birthday! It was my birthday on the 31st too - I hope your DH had as good a time as I did! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!