Monday 9 April 2012

Faux Silk

Expect the unexpected - last week I was asked by Alice (Alice in Paperland) if I would like to record a Youtube video showcasing a simple technique.  This would be the first of  many with a number of different people recording tips and techniques etc.    So what to make .......?

After looking through my "Inspire" book, I decided on the 'Faux Silk' technique.  This is done using tissue paper, card stock, stamp, ink and a glue stick.  Simply stamp your image onto the tissue paper, scrunch it up into a ball, carefully open it out again and after running the glue stick all over the card (which should be smaller then the tissue paper) pat the tissue down gently.  The finished card has the look of raw silk and has a very soft appearance.


The first card uses a solid colour while the second uses an outline image which has been watercoloured.

I was quite happy with how the video looked.  What do you think? I'd love you to leave me a comment. Click on the link and have a look for yourself.  Faux Silk effect for paper craft projects - link

Have a crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous cards! Thank you for reminding me about this great technique Helen. The video is great and I enjoyed hearing your lovely accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen I really love these two cards. What a fabulous technique to use. thanks for sharing. Helen (Melb).

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!