Wednesday 4 April 2012

Easter

It's almost that time of the year, Easter, when we remember the death and resurrection of Christ and the sacrifices He made for us.   If you are able to, go along to your local church and hear more of the Easter story.

Easter is also a time for eggs (mmmm chocolate), chickens, rabbits, Royal Easter Show (if you're in Sydney) and school holidays.  None of these things have anything to do with the REAL Easter (see above) but we enjoy nevertheless.

Normally I don't do Easter cards, however, Kaisercraft have put out a collection of papers called "Fine and Sunny" and one of them, "Forecast", has the cutest little chicks and eggs just waiting to be played with.  This is a side-stepper card with lots of places for the eggs to be put along with the little chicks.


 After cutting all these images there wasn't a great deal of paper left so I thought I'd get out my 1" square punch and this is what I created.  This is a CASE from Jan at  www.stampspaperscissors.typepad.com and is a terrific way to use up those little scraps we all collect.


 The caption on the front reads "you crack me up" and inside is "Happy Easter".  Both stamps come from SU "A Good Egg" (retired).

Wishing you  all a Happy Easter!

Have a crafty day!

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful cards Helen - I especially like the first with all those lovely eggs and chicks! I like the decorative edge formed by the squares of DP on the second too. Have a wonderful Easter. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!