Saturday 7 April 2012

7 Gypsies Mini Album

I always find the Easter weekend very relaxing, we rarely go away, but have a lovely quiet time at home.  Today DS#1 has gone off to the Royal Easter Show with some friends and will probably stay until the fireworks tonight.  In a while I shall go back to my "desk"  (i.e. the end of my dining table) and think about the upcoming class at Alice's.

But first let me show you a little project I've been working on since I was on the coast last week.  There is a great scrapbooking shop at Tuggerah called Pages 2 Scrap, only a few minutes from my BFF, and I asked her if we had time, could we go and visit the shop.  Not only did we visit but she left me there to browse while she went off to pick up her son from school ...... aahh bliss!  Hanging on the 7 Gypsies stand was a sample book made with chipboard covers, just my thing - I love making little albums/books - so I bought a packet of covers, some Prima paper for the pages, a couple of other bits'n pieces and then waited outside to be picked up.

As you can see, all the pages are different sizes, you can get so much out of a couple of sheets of paper.  The papers used for this project were from Prima "Almanac Collection" - 'Agenda' and 'Composition' with a couple of images from Graphic 45 "Olde Curiosity Shoppe" - 'Genuine Article' and 'Parlor Wall'.  I've use Distress Ink 'Vintage Photo' blended on the edge of all the pages to give the book a vintage feel.  My cropadile was used to punch the holes for the album rings.

This was so much fun that I decided to make another book, this time using Graphic 45 "Tropical Travelogue" papers.  The cover is from plain chipboard I found in my stash, which was about the same thickness as the 7 Gypsies covers.  Both books measure 5 1/2" x 3 1/2".

 This time the book has two album rings binding it together, using my cropadile to punch the holes.  Again I've blended 'Vintage Photo' distress ink around the edges of the pages. 

On the back page is a fold out just to add more dimension to the book.

When my DH looked at the first book, his comment was "hmmm, interesting".  "It's decorative", I said, "it doesn't have a real purpose", but I really enjoyed creating it!

Have a crafty day!

1 comment:

  1. Your husband sounds like mine Helen - just more polite! I can see that a book with different sized pages would be useful.

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!